[openstreetmap-website] OSM.org Browsing Help unfindable (#871)

Tom Hughes notifications at github.com
Mon Jan 12 22:56:27 UTC 2015

I'm sorry but I've just looked at that wiki page, and in no way is it suitable for introducing the general public to use the site - it's full of all sorts of hacky low level details.

Our web site is not intended to be a "google maps" style end user mapping site, so I really think this request is out of scope. Our target audience is mappers. Certainly our help page coud be improved, and I'd be happy to take pull requests to do so, but please don't just add links to random wiki pages full of years works of acreted nonsense.

https://github.com/openstreetmap/openstreetmap-website/issues/871#issuecomment-69663724