[openstreetmap-website] Routing (#716)
notifications at github.com
Sun Jan 25 16:26:21 UTC 2015
So I've spent a few minutes playing with the test site and I gave a few UI suggestions:
* When you open the routing panel the from and to boxes have whatever input they had last time it was used. I would suggest that from should start with whatever value is in the main search box (so if I enter something and hit the route button that transfers to the routiing input) and the to box should start empty each time the panel is opened.
* The spinner that appears when calculating a route is small and appears in the top panel in a way that causes it to expand and then contract again when the calculation finishes. My suggestion would that it should move into the result pain and use the same large one that query mode uses - when starting a route calculation clear the results panel and display the large spinner there, then replace it when the route is ready.
* The dropdown for choosing the engine is (at least in Firefox) unbalanced - the text has more space below than above. Suspect this is a result of forcing the size of the drop down to match the text boxes? Other places (like GPX trace edit) have thinner drop downs that are probably just the natural size but another option would be to equalize the top/bottom margin if that is possible.
* Is the "Go" button supposed to be alongside the drop down? Only on my firefox at least it is on the line below...
* Possibly irrelevant once if first point is fixed but when reopening the panel the route line reappears on the map but the end point markers don't.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the rails-dev