[openstreetmap-website] Set color & background-color in searchbox (#883)

Tom Hughes notifications at github.com
Fri Jan 30 22:25:20 UTC 2015

Oh you mean that picture is how it looks now, not how you want it to look?

I have to say I'm surprised that a desktop theme is somehow infecting a browsers default style... It's not clear to me if it's reasonable to override that though - it depends whether that element wasn't explicitly styled because we wanted the browser default or just because the browser default generally looked good.

How did you choose the colours to use? Presumably you tried to use something close to what other browsers/desktops use? But which ones?

https://github.com/openstreetmap/openstreetmap-website/pull/883#issuecomment-72281071