[GSoC] Moderation Queue for osm.org

Yos Riady yosriady at gmail.com
Tue Mar 17 04:56:48 UTC 2015

> In the first instance it's more about diary entries and comments than
> about changesets, though we can consider extending to include that if there
> is enough time. Serge (the mentor) has the details.

Do you mean to say that most of the vandalism happening as diary entries
and comments? How are map vandalism currently handled by the OSM admins?

Well reporting will be done from existing views I imagine but yes new views
> will be needed for presenting moderation requests to admins.

Yes, I agree. I'm thinking of creating a proper dashboard for the admins to
handle the moderation requests. I'm currently looking at existing support
ticket systems as references for the dashboard. Since the features that
will  be implemented largely depends on the needs of the admins and users,
I feel I need to engage them in discussion. How do you recommend I approach
my engagement with the wider OSM community?

I've created a draft proposal for my GSoC application for this project
which can be viewed here
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1z7adZWEf1y2ja1Xr0FNXqmHfu5J_2RXn3Nv7kbG4x9M/edit?usp=sharing>
and here
<http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/proposal/review/student/google/gsoc2015/yosriady/5741031244955648>
.
The scope, features, and timeline of the project are defined; although I'd
love to discuss with Serge, Tom, and the other developers to hear your
thoughts on what features are needed/should be prioritized. Also, I'd be
happy to accept advice/constructive criticism on how to improve my project
proposal!

Thank you for your time!