[openstreetmap-website] IE11 and IE10 fail to display anything in panel after clicking on a search result (#932)

Tom Hughes notifications at github.com
Tue Mar 17 12:03:10 UTC 2015

Yeah that code is a PITA but I suspect there is properly portable way to do it so we're probably pretty stuck. The problem is you have no real way to know what encoding mangling XHR may have done on the response headers and therefore how to turn them into proper unicode that you can display.

https://github.com/openstreetmap/openstreetmap-website/issues/932#issuecomment-82307733