[openstreetmap-website] Clicking wikipedia-link with a section does not always work (#967)

daganzdaanda notifications at github.com
Fri May 15 10:38:36 UTC 2015

Thank you, Tom! That was quick!

I found out one more thing: Commas need to be turned into ".2C" ...

<http://www.openstreetmap.org/way/188958935>

The current link does not work:
<http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/de:Liste%20der%20Baudenkmäler%20in%20Eichstätt?uselang=de#Br.C3.BCckenstra.C3.9Fe_1,_Ehemaliges_Bauernhaus>

but with .2C replacing comma, it's working:
<http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/de:Liste%20der%20Baudenkmäler%20in%20Eichstätt?uselang=de#Br.C3.BCckenstra.C3.9Fe_1.2C_Ehemaliges_Bauernhaus>

Really weird system at Wikipedia / Mediawiki. After a lot of searching, I found this explanation:
<http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:PAGENAMEE_encoding#Encodings_compared>
The {{anchorencode:...}} line in the table gives the substitutions that are made.
I'm guessing what we currently do with URI.encode works like the {{urlencode:...|WIKI}} line?
If so, the differences are in the following characters: `!$()*,/;@` (Nice cartoon swearing...)
I actually found a real life wikipedia link with a / inside the section anchor:
<http://www.openstreetmap.org/way/30906354>

https://github.com/openstreetmap/openstreetmap-website/issues/967#issuecomment-102365490