[openstreetmap-website] retina compatible icons (#850)

Tom Hughes notifications at github.com
Mon Sep 14 13:55:36 UTC 2015

Well this is unfortunately the kind of ticket that is not sufficiently concrete to be easily closeable. There are many image that are still not retina compatible, and even some of the ones we have added patches for are not really sorted.

In particular I discovered after I merged your `picture` based fix for the logo that one of the two main browsers where retina support is needed (iOS Safari) doesn't actually support `picture` elements at all, so we really need to revisit that.

https://github.com/openstreetmap/openstreetmap-website/issues/850#issuecomment-140082688