[openstreetmap-website] Add Wikipedia authentication (#1146)

Tim Waters notifications at github.com
Thu Feb 4 18:06:47 UTC 2016

I'd agree with Tom - compared to other OAuth providers, it currently is not primarily aimed towards the "authentication only" route used by Omniauth  - the manual approval also points towards that (but it is a reasonably new addition to the mediawiki suite, so it could be early days).

However, when applying for a new OAuth consumer, the rights can be set to just authentication. I'll ping some WMF folks on IRC and see what they think, I'd love it if it was set to become a new authentication option for more web applications!

https://github.com/openstreetmap/openstreetmap-website/issues/1146#issuecomment-179972351