[openstreetmap-website] Sex-aware user icons or text caption? (#1158)

d1g notifications at github.com
Sat Feb 20 06:46:17 UTC 2016

Could we please have ability to specify preferred way to address sex of users? So we can be less sexist during conversation?

Also, default user icon may be viewed as male because shoulders are vertical:
https://www.openstreetmap.org/user/dog
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Toilets_unisex.svg (AIGA icon)

Also, there still people who thinks "you" is vulgar: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T%E2%80%93V_distinction

Also, I would like to know all languages how some user can be contacted from his profile. Many users resort to free-text in their profile, but most newbies don't use this at all.

https://github.com/openstreetmap/openstreetmap-website/issues/1158