[openstreetmap-website] The search submit button should be labeled "Search" or (Magnifying glass) (#1127)

Dan Jacobson notifications at github.com
Sun Jan 10 02:49:02 UTC 2016

1 Browse http://wwwopenstreetmaporg/
2 Observe the word Go on a button in the upper left

The search submit button should be labeled "Search" or (Magnifying glass)
Compare Google or Wikipedia
Mislabeling it "Go" implies that it will move the map directly to the place you type in
But in fact it just displays search results
And after that even the word "Search" is no longer sitting in the textbox
So all that is left is "Go" and no "Search" at all!
Show me one other site that uses Go for Search
Go should be reserved for Google's "I'm feeling lucky" action

https://github.com/openstreetmap/openstreetmap-website/issues/1127