[openstreetmap-website] New Email Address field is pre-populated with username when editing my settings (#1169)

Bhargav Kowshik notifications at github.com
Tue Mar 1 11:27:53 UTC 2016

I am editing my information on the OSM profile page.
https://www.openstreetmap.org/user/bkowshik/account

When I visit the page, the **New Email Address** field is automatically filled with my username.

So, when I click on **Save**, because the username is not a valid email address I am asked to enter a proper email address.

I think it is a bug with per-populating the **New Email Address** field.

https://github.com/openstreetmap/openstreetmap-website/issues/1169