[openstreetmap-website] Single link to a service that can visually display changeset (#1170)

Tom Hughes notifications at github.com
Tue Mar 1 20:40:36 UTC 2016

Well it's not, but it opens the door. If we link to that then why not to the dozens of other changeset analyzers people have written? What do I tell them when they ask for a link? How do I decide who gets to have a link and who doesn't?

But yes equally we try to avoid relying on third party services because when they break, or the person running them gets bored and they go away, it is us that gets the complaints about things not working any more.

https://github.com/openstreetmap/openstreetmap-website/issues/1170#issuecomment-190891427