[openstreetmap/openstreetmap-website] Permalinks break when user changes their display name (#482)
notifications at github.com
Thu Dec 7 11:01:40 UTC 2017
I've been thinking about this more (over the last 4 years, ahem) and so I'd like to propose the following:
* Usernames will no longer be allowed to start with numbers followed by a hyphen
* Any username (are there any?) that is currently in that format will need to be changed, e.g. contact users to let them choose, and then changing remaining hyphens to underscores.
* User links would be in the format `/user/4115-Andy Allan/` i.e. numeric ID followed by a hyphen followed by username.
* Old-style user links would be supported with redirects, e.g. `/user/Andy Allan` would 301 redirect to `/user/4115-Andy Allan/`.
* Correct usernames in links will be enforced e.g. `/user/4115-hahaha` would 301 redirect to `/user/4115-Andy Allan/`.
* Everything above also applies to subpages e.g. `/user/Andy Allan/edits` would 301 redirect etc
* The numeric-only usernames would still be allowed and still work, e.g. `/user/12345` would redirect to `/user/1111-12345`.
Any thoughts, or anything else that I should consider?
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the rails-dev