[openstreetmap/openstreetmap-website] Responsive HTML mails (#1436)
notifications at github.com
Sun Feb 12 21:20:50 UTC 2017
A few tweaks to the HTML/CSS code of the email notifications to make messages more responsive on narrow displays, which should improve the viewing experience on mobile. Also a handful of minor tweaks to fonts.
There are no changes to content, only implementation.
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Dressed-up_Notification_Mails is up to date with screenshots of what this PR produces.
You can view, comment on, or merge this pull request online at:
-- Commit Summary --
* Tweak cell width for proper centering on narrow screens
* Force the font on every <p> tag
* Removed italic styling on message body
* Fix title alignment in Outlook/WindowsMail
* Use the same fonts for the footer text as for the rest of the mail
* Better alt text for the logo
* Even out the widths of the white bars around the message box
* Avoid squished-up grey borders around the message on narrow screens
* Fixed alignment & underlining bugs in Outlook / WinMail
* Make the mails squeezable on narrow screens
* Set font on title
* Remove nowrap on footer text, to accommodate narrow screens
* Two more "nowrap" instructions removed to accommodate narrower displays
* A better way to contrain the width of the message box whilst also allowing it to shrink on narrow displays
* merging master into html-mail-fixes
-- File Changes --
M app/helpers/notifier_helper.rb (15)
M app/views/layouts/notifier.html.erb (17)
M app/views/notifier/_message_body.html.erb (6)
M app/views/notifier/changeset_comment_notification.html.erb (4)
M app/views/notifier/email_confirm.html.erb (2)
M app/views/notifier/signup_confirm.html.erb (2)
-- Patch Links --
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the rails-dev