[openstreetmap/openstreetmap-website] Add Docker Compose Support for Development Environment (#2409)
notifications at github.com
Tue Oct 22 19:58:14 UTC 2019
This is a cleaned up version of PR #2406 which was built upon the work of @fazlerabbi37 in PR #2272.
- Introduces the usage of `docker-compose` for creating a development environment for this project
- Adds `DOCKER.md` for Docker-specific installation instructions
- Adds a `Makefile` for providing shortcuts for running common `docker-compose` commands
There is certainly still room for improvement here, including pruning unneeded dependencies in the top-level `Dockerfile`, but I propose merging this working version and iterating from that point _(particularly since many of the changes will apply regardless of the installation method)_. I think we will benefit from feedback of a few people actually using this before making too many more changes.
You can view, comment on, or merge this pull request online at:
-- Commit Summary --
* Introduce docker-compose config for development
* Add Docker README and Makefile for helper commands
-- File Changes --
A .dockerignore (1)
M .gitignore (3)
A DOCKER.md (97)
A Dockerfile (52)
A Makefile (22)
A config/docker.database.yml (20)
A docker-compose.yml (24)
A docker/postgres/Dockerfile (4)
A docker/postgres/openstreetmap-postgres-init.sh (11)
-- Patch Links --
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the rails-dev