[openstreetmap/openstreetmap-website] Search forms redesign (#3123)
notifications at github.com
Fri Mar 5 20:01:30 UTC 2021
On www.openstreetmap.org, the search forms (both single location and directions) have a few issues...
- picking up a search results clears the search field
- pressing the "directions" icon also clears the search field
- button to reverse directions is visually disconnected from directions, and placed after the "go" button
- the routing engines are displayed prominently, while they are technical details most people won't understand
- input fields lacks of readability once locations are found
- search mode and destination mode feel disconnected (forms have different width and no clear alignment)
- lots of gray area eating estate from the map
Also, maybe adding some extra features could satisfy common expectations, like:
- multiple destinations
- public transports
![current search forms](https://user-images.githubusercontent.com/5346620/110166578-dee56580-7df4-11eb-893a-be4e41020421.png)
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the rails-dev