[Rebuild] Mali Crisis Imports

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Sat Apr 14 14:57:01 BST 2012

Hi,

On 04/13/2012 04:26 PM, Pierre Béland wrote:
> As part of the response to the emergency in Mali, we collaborate with
> UN-OCHA and will carry out several actions to import in the coming days
> (not representing 100 MB).

A response to an emergency does not automatically give you the right to
import data to OSM; you will have to follow the exact same rules that
everyone else has to follow.

This includes discussing your import beforehand - i.e. what exactly are
you planning to import and how, what scripts you will be using, what are
you planning to do with existing data and so on.

A mere *announcement* is not sufficient.

The "imports" mailing list to which you posted this would be a good
place to discuss your import however you need to be subscribed to the
list or your posts will not get through.

Bye
Frederik