[Rebuild] Moving specific changesets to another user?

Michael Collinson mike at ayeltd.biz
Wed Feb 8 17:43:43 GMT 2012

On 08/02/2012 11:58, "Petr Morávek [Xificurk]" wrote:
> Michael Collinson wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> We are very close to a solution in the Czech Republic where a number of
>> compatible datasets were colloboratively imported into OSM but pavel,
>> the owner of the actual account used, has declined the new terms. All
>> other members of the import team have agreed to the new terms and have
>> explicitly given their agreement to the import data.  Specifically, it
>> is 152 changesets listed here:
>>
>> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Quick_History_Service/Changeset_Lists#Pavel_imports_in_Czech_Republic
>>
> Just a small correction - there are 151 changesets on wiki. Originally
> there was one more with bulk import of places from geonames, wikipedia,
> etc., which is incompatible with ODbL+CT, so I removed it a while ago.
>
>> I have cc'd Petr Morávek who is working on this with me.
>>
> I'm already on this mailing list ;-)
Excellent!

I had a chat with Grant Slater yesterday.  My understanding is that
while a physical move of change-sets from one user to another may be
simple, it may cause some damage to to dependencies and may not be a
good idea.  He suggested that marking the data clean might be better. Is
this the most elegant solution?

Once we have had a chance to tell the Czech mailing list what we intend
to do, I would like it to happen fairly quickly so that the Czech
Republic contributors do not see a sea of red when the open OSMI License
View.

Mike