[Rebuild] Extending Richard's "v0 for relations" suggestion

Ed Loach ed at loach.me.uk
Fri Feb 17 16:46:57 GMT 2012

> No, because if the tags were clean on the (non-surviving) pre-
> merge way
> and were copied across the merge, they should also be clean in the
> post-merge way, regardless of who did the merge.

Hmmm. I hadn't thought about that. Changing a tag during merge by
non-accepter to pick a value that was clean on the non-surviving
source way.

But surely it would only be clean on the section of the way where it
was originally, and not on the section that has had the tag changed
(if merge done by non-decliner). So to be on the safe side you'd
still have to class it as tainted for the whole way even though it
had previously been clean, so again it is down to the status of the
person doing the merge if any tags get changed?

Ed