[Rebuild] Hack weekends before license change?

H.H. Hoff toffehoff at gmail.com
Sat Feb 25 15:44:56 GMT 2012

Hi all,

In the Management Team and Board we've discussed the possibility of having a hack weekend focussed on the license change. This weekend could not only be very technical, but also having people work on problematic / cleanup area's, PR, etc

It's not intended to have intense discussions about which strategy we should follow etc. It's about getting it done.

One of the ideas was to not have this hack weekend in one physical location, but in several locations at the same time. E.g. London, Berlin, Washington DC, etc.  (Although "same time" could be a bit challenging when handling multiple timezones).

A possible weekend could be March 24th/25th. It might be a good idea to not name this a "hack weekend", but something else… "'The Next' weekend", "Rebuild weekend", etc.

Do we all feel like this could work? If so, I'll try to get things started early this coming week.

Cheers,
Henk

(also send to management at osmfoundation.org)