[Rebuild] Bot destroying things (MPs)

Gnonthgol gnonthgol at gmail.com
Mon Jul 16 21:38:26 BST 2012

Den 16. juli 2012 kl. 22.20 skrev Andreas Labres:
> Is there some visualisation (or at least log) where the bot took a valid item
> (say a multipolygon MP) and made it invalid?

Yes, the osmi includes a lot of those tests.
http://tools.geofabrik.de/osmi/

> In light cases "only" the landuse=forest tag was removed (silly by itself as
> this has nothing to do with copyright; this /always/ was a forest).

The landuse=forest tag was added by a decliner (unless there is a bug in a very well tested part of the redaction bot code). It is ok that you might argue that the landuse=forest tag is not copyrightable but it is hard to collect a set of tags that is never in any cases copyrightable. The bot is currently considering some of the type=* tags on relations to be non-copyrightable, but the type tag is the extreme case.

> In more
> severe cases the outer ring was opened or made self-intersecting or invalid.

The bot is only looking at single objects at a time and there are no way to tell if an object is becoming "invalid" due to a change in a member way.

> -> Guys, fix this bugs! A closed ring has to stay closed (ok, you remove nodes,
> but the whole ring has to stay closed)! And a forest that always was a forest
> (our's mostly where imported from plan.at) has to stay a forest!

There is nothing we can do to this, there have been a lot of remapping to prevent these errors but this have obviously not been done by the mappers in your area.

Gnonthgol