[Rebuild] Updates on the redaction bot

Tue Jun 12 21:00:20 BST 2012

At 2012-06-08 16:24, Gnonthgol wrote:
>... The second commit say that we do not care about the order of
>multipolygons. This makes the bot use a much simpler algorithm for half
>the relations in the database. I hope a simpler algorithm means less bugs
>and faster code, although it adds a few more lines of code. There are
>probably more relations where the order of the members does not matter.

I can't think why the order of the members matters for _any_ relation. Can
anyone else? I thought the ability to  change the order was only an amenity
to make it easy for the "contiguity" column in the JOSM relation editor to
show gaps in routes or multi-segment polygons. AFAIK, data consumers
shouldn't care about the order of members - just the roles, right?