[Rebuild] Redaction bot is almost done
mail at harrywood.co.uk
Thu Jun 14 10:57:22 BST 2012
Yes. Or to spell it out some more:
We have a happy outcome:
* Agreer adds a street name tag "Воздвиженка улица"* Disagreer swaps it around to "улица Воздвиженка"
* Fixing bot puts it back again "Воздвиженка улица"
* redaction bot doesn't need to do anything. Win!
But we still have an outcome which may be bad
* Disagreer adds a street name tag "улица Воздвиженка" (Should be treated as copyrightable work)* Agreer (or fixing bot) swaps it around to "Воздвиженка улица" (A trivial change)
* The redaction bot should perhaps recognise the last edit as trivial and redact the data, but currently does not.
Is this a big problem worth worrying about? Possibly. We don't currently have a test for this, but when you arrange the logic this way around there's plenty of other cases we might worry about. For example:
* Disagreer adds a street name tag "Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious Stret" (Copyrightable work)
* Agreer changes it to "Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious Street" (trivial spelling fix)* The redaction bot should perhaps recognise the last edit as trivial and redact the data, but currently does not
How clever do we expect the bot to be about this kind of stuff?
From: Ed Loach <ed at loach.me.uk>
To: 'Ilya Zverev' <zverik at textual.ru>; rebuild at openstreetmap.org
Sent: Thursday, 14 June 2012, 10:53
Subject: Re: [Rebuild] Redaction bot is almost done
> We have a bot that monitors the whole country and fixes word
> order and
> abbreviations in street names (and in addr:street tags). So any
> edits will be reverted to the "correct" state. I doubt the
> should have some special processing for Russian street names,
> since the
> street bot will have its way regardless :)
As Gnothgol pointed out in response to my previous query here, the
main reason the redaction bot needs to have rules for Russian street
names is for where a non-agreer added a street name, and only
trivial changes have been made since, so the name needs completely
removing. In the case of Russia "trivial" includes changing the
order of the words (as well as expanding abbreviations), such as the
street bot does, but it could also have been done manually in some
cases. So the rules are required to ensure street names aren't kept
where they shouldn't be.
More information about the Rebuild