[Rebuild] Redaction bot is almost done

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Thu Jun 14 11:39:24 BST 2012

Hi,

On 06/14/12 11:57, Harry Wood wrote:
> How clever do we expect the bot to be about this kind of stuff?

I think, as with all copyright things, we need to proceed with diligence
but not with perfection. The bot is already much more clever than most
project members assume it to be, and considers many more cases than we
expected even a few months ago. It is, in my opinion, diligent enough
and we should not get carried away with adding ever more special cases.

If people later complain about individual decisions of the bot then that
can be fixed manually; if a systemic error should be discovered later,
even that can be fixed.

The one thing that we must not do is make reckless decisions, and I
think that by now there have been enough eyeballs on the code to ensure
that there's nothing reckless in there.

Bye
Frederik