[Rebuild] Strategy for running the bot in "regions"

Dermot McNally dermotm at gmail.com
Mon Jun 25 11:26:45 BST 2012

On 25 June 2012 11:19, Richard Fairhurst <richard at systemed.net> wrote:

> I'd assumed that the regions were essentially "test runs on live data", and
> that we'd then start on the main whole-planet redaction. Something like:
>
> a) Simple bbox-defined region 1 (e.g. Liechtenstein)
> b) Simple bbox-defined region 2 (e.g. Ireland)
> c) The whole world

Yeah, basically "what Richard said", but with the addition of:

d) Any other approach that is "safe" and avoids spending time finding
single use solutions.

For tests against subsets of the data set we can do a test of a "whole
planet" that just happens to consist only of a bbox extract. If this
works well, could we consider it safe to run the real redaction
against the whole planet first time?

Dermot