[Rebuild] Help fill in real-world corner cases for the bot

Andy Allan gravitystorm at gmail.com
Wed Jun 27 10:49:34 BST 2012

Hi All,

If the bot was to run in one sweep, against only users who have
declined, then life would be simple! But there are many corner cases,
and so there's a few configuration files need filling out, and I'd
like some help from people who understand the situation more
thoroughly.

Part 1: Ordering of regions

As previously discussed, we want to run the bot across different
regions in a particular order. Now is the time to specify that order,
in a way that the bot will understand.

The order is defined in an XML file:

https://github.com/gravitystorm/openstreetmap-license-change/blob/contrib/bounds.xml

Please simply click "Edit this file", make some changes, and then
Propose File Change. I can take care of making sure it's in the
correct format, but I don't know enough about the history of who said
what to whom about the order to make any definitive decisions myself!
Any area not covered by the list will be automatically included at the
end.

Part 2: Additional users

There's a lot of information specified on the following page:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Quick_History_Service/Changeset_Lists

The first step is to create a list of agreeing users whose changesets
may need to be considered by the bot. This is primarily from the
"Tainted Changeset" section. Similar to the above, please edit

https://github.com/gravitystorm/openstreetmap-license-change/blob/contrib/additional_users.xml

Thanks,
Andy