[Rebuild] Progress on rebuild plan

Harry Wood mail at harrywood.co.uk
Wed Mar 21 03:27:39 GMT 2012

> On Tue, Mar 20, 2012 at 9:46 PM, Richard Weait <richard at weait.com> wrote:

>> On Tue, Mar 20, 2012 at 10:13 PM, Toby Murray <toby.murray at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> My first thought is that we have collectively sent out hundreds
>>> (probably thousands?) of messages saying that the deadline to agree is
>>> April 1st. Now suddenly it is March 27th? Or does the API going
>>> read-only not impact users' ability to agree to the new terms?
>>
>> Accounts that are informed and aware of the license change, yet who
>> choose to delay until the last minute to agree are a small audience,
>> surely?  We've been remapping for months.
>
>Yes, probably. But April 1st was the only firm date we had until today
>so that's what I put into my contact messages. We can only work with
>what we have. Seems lame to go and change it on people one week
>before.
>
>Toby

Well I think it's a good point Toby. Many people are expecting nothing to happen until April 1st.

Meanwhile many other people are expecting it to be finished on April 1st

...but this is just because we weren't being specific when the date was on the distant horizon.  We can't meet the exact expectations of *both* these groups, so I think we can take our pick. Dermot/Matt/Frederick are you going to start or finish on April 1st?  ...I know which one I would pick :-)

Harry