[Rebuild] Suggested downtime message for www.osm.org

Harry Wood mail at harrywood.co.uk
Thu Mar 29 16:17:25 BST 2012

Too long I reckon, although I suppose it depends on the size of the font.  How about just

"Editing will be disabled from 1st - 4th April"
hyperlinked to http://blog.osmfoundation.org/2012/03/27/service-schedule-march-april-2012/

________________________________
From: David Ellams <osmlists at dellams.fastmail.fm>
I suggest:

    Planned downtime: Editing in OSM will be disabled from 1st - 4th
    April.
    Reason: moving database to new server. More information.
    ["More information" hyperlink:
http://blog.osmfoundation.org/2012/03/27/service-schedule-march-april-2012/]

I think this is non-technical and to-the-point (hope it is short enough
- if not remove the reason). For the sake of brevity, it does not
mention the possibility of dates changing, but that is covered by the
"More info" link.

David