[Routing] Wiki pages for routing - what do the users need from an app?

OJW streetmap at blibbleblobble.co.uk
Fri Nov 9 11:22:29 GMT 2007

I've created a few wiki pages to ask questions about the needs of various
users, and what they might want from the routing applications.

Who categories of people want to generate routes, and what are their specific
needs?  What weightings should we use when a 'horse who's scared of traffic
lights but likes walking in the forest' asks for a route?  How do we choose
the best route for a cyclist with slick tyres and no lights at night?

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/Routing_profiles

Are there any problems that can't be solved using least-cost routing?  Do we
have any suggestions for solving those problems?

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/Routing_problems

How can we do routing on public transport networks, and other scheduled
services?

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/Train_routing

Regards,

OJW