[Routing] Database updates

Alex Wilson alex_wilson at pobox.com
Tue Nov 20 17:28:34 GMT 2007

This may be a little off-topic, but I was wondering whether the OSM API can
be used to get all the changes that have happened in a given area since a
given date. I've a version of the planet file in a db on my local machine,
and would be interested in a method of updating it with all changes since a
given date. This way it would be possible to synchronise a mostly-complete
local copy of the db with the main OSM copy. I'd also be interested in using
these updates to keep a local routing graph incrementally up-to-date.

I appreciate that this API might not be available - at least in part because
it might result in apps that overloaded the server. But I'd be interested to
hear thoughts about it...

Alex