[Routing] [OSM-talk] www.OpenRouteService.org now supports Bicycle Routing with OSM Data

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Mon Jul 7 16:15:44 BST 2008

Nic,

   your comments will only lead to stuff like openrouteservice.org
being developed totally behind closed doors - the software I wrote
for my thesis never really saw the light of the public.

I think it's better to have something to play with even if the
source is not (yet) available than to have them work in their
ivory tower and not even tell us what they're doing. (We both know
that at this very moment lots and lots of interesting OSM stuff is
being developed by people who are NOT talking about it and NOT
showing it to us even in an immature form - a practice that I
don't like at all.)

And as for unnecessary duplication - most good things in OSM have
been invented/programmed three or four times over. It's almost
a tradition.

Bye
Frederik