[Routing] GPS considering traffic concentration

Vojtech Brtnik bruinee at gmail.com
Wed Jul 30 22:54:25 BST 2008

Hi,
I am starting to work on my bachelor thesis, which will be a GPS that
will navigate customer with consideration of current traffic situation
in the surrounding.

Anyway, I found the OSM project really fantastic and will use it heavily.

A few questions:

1) Do you know of any database of scientific articles on the topic of
routing? I can't find any. I mean shortest path in huge graphs,
quickest path, finding nearest...., most comfortable path... etc,
generating of traffic problem,... representing/saving huge graphs in
memory/HDD...
I am sure there is plenty of problems which are coverd by articles.

If not a database, any single interesting piece will be helpfull. A
name of article is OK if it is not free, I will get it somehow.

2) Is there any routing program based on OSM written in C# already?

3) Has anybody already done something similar?

Cheers!
PJ