[Routing] [motorway_link] description of direction

Steffen Wickham steffen at gaming-inc.de
Fri Jun 13 19:45:22 BST 2008

Oh, I'm sorry. How could i forget to describe my idea.. *damnit*

Okay....   In this case "direction" means the explicit destination of a
motorway described with famous exits or the next great motorway junction
or city.

For example (in Germany): I'm starting at north Braunschweig and
entering a highway leading south. At the beginning of the motorway_link
leading to the motorway there is a sign with "Kassel, Salzgitter, Bad
Harzburg". Kassel is the next huge/famous junction, Salzgitter and Bad
Harzburg are the next city in south of Braunschweig.

So I think, that these informations are important for routing software
and it's user, because it is easier to find the right motorway link. At
the beginning I thought it would be nice to use the name tag, but I
think it's better to use a new tag (maybe something like
"motorway_direction"?) now.

How about you?

Greets Steffen