[Routing] Updated pyroute - loads data as required, can now do long-distance routes

Mark Williams mark.666 at blueyonder.co.uk
Sun Jun 15 23:26:53 BST 2008

OJ W wrote:
> I'm just wondering if it could be dodgy data on the tile data server...
>
> the original import of uk-planet.osm was done from late May data.
> This weekend I imported the whole planet.osm, but using the old node
> data from May, which means that lots of roads are missing, and the
> data isn't really usable.  I'm starting another import now, of latest
> planet.osm data, which should be better (shout if anyone wants
> notification when it's finished).
>
> If you're interested in that specific road, look in the cache
> directory for the relevant tile ('view image' on a slippy map to see
> which one it is), and see if the road exists, if all the nodes exist,
> and what it's tagged as.
>
> Another way of viewing those data tiles is using the latest pyrender
> (so new it's not even in SVN), which uses the same tile data server:
>
> http://dev.openstreetmap.org/~ojw/files/dev/pyrender_layers/
>
> By default pyrender has its own cache directory for data tiles, but
> you should be able to hack it to share the same cache directory as
> your pyroutelib2 installation (see line: directory = 'cache in
> tiledata.py).  Run server.py and browse the map on
> http://localhost:1280/

Well, that's interesting - I've not looked at that view before, it's
very patchy!
There is indeed a stop in the road there - I'm not sure just how far
back that data goes, but I'm not aware of there being any such break for
many months (unless some 3rd party broke it & fixed it...). However
there are many funnies around, it does look like perhaps 6+ months ago
maybe? I'm fairly sure it's not late May though... Unless pyrender is
funny about tags it doesn't get, like oneway:yes & any maxspeed, by the
look of it?

Yes please for an update when it's been renewed, & I'll try it again.

For the moment, though, I can't use that data as this whole area looks
like it's had an earthquake. [ Having had a quick check, I see it has..
Another rash of fixes... ]

Mark