[Routing] OpenStreetMap routing service

Hakan Tandogan hakan at gurkensalat.com
Mon Sep 8 10:50:20 BST 2008

On Sun, September 7, 2008 19:44, Nic Roets wrote:
> Hello Hakan,
>

> If you're interested in Europe, you can script a daily download from
> Frederik Ramm's geofabrik.de site. Importing into gosmore requires 256 MB

Can I apply a (worldwide) hourly diff to a planet extract from
geofabrik.de or would I have to extract the appropiate area from the diff
file first?

Are there scripts in SVN that already to this diff application?

> RAM for small countries, but 1GB is recommended. Gosmore has it's own GUI,
>  so you can bypass setting up a webserver. All you need is : GTK+-devel,
> libxml2-devel, g++, svn-client and a few other things.

I compiled gosmore on my own server, but I saw only some input fields on
the right, and no map on the left part of the window. Maybe I am missing
something basic here.

Duplicating Lambertus' setup, but with my own data, would have been
wonderful. It is really nice from an usability point of view ;-)

Regards,
Hakan

--
The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering...