[Routing] Routing algorithms

Anton Patrushev anton at orkney.co.jp
Sun Sep 21 05:06:37 BST 2008

Hi Stefan,

Please look at pgRouting library. We implemented Shooting* algorithm,
which is edge-based algorithm with turn restrictions. I guess it is
what you need. It was edge cost and edge-to-edge passage cost, which
depends on the path you came from to the current edge.

The description is here - http://pgrouting.postlbs.org/wiki/ShootingStar
And there is pretty nice tutorial -
http://www.davidgis.fr/blog/index.php?2008/07/24/349-shooting-star-usage-example-with-turn-restriction

Anton.