[Routing] Editing in YOURS/weird routes

D Tucny d at tucny.com
Thu Jan 22 04:02:52 GMT 2009

2009/1/22 Bob Hawkins <bobhawkins at waitrose.com>

>  I wish to add a route anomaly into YOURS/weird routes (
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/YOURS/weird_routes).  I have selected
> the url that pinpoints the area in question, but I regret that I cannot
> figure out how to create an edit so that my details appear correctly within
> their own box, and beginning with 'new' as other users have managed to do.
> I do not understand the meaning of the various symbols used.
> I should appreciate what assistance anyone can provide.

This is the current entry at the bottom of the table...

|-
http://www.yournavigation.org/?flat=14.654899&flon=121.058306&tlat=14.653986&tlon=121.053187&v=motorcar&fast=1&layer=mapniknew]
| Route is going straight instead of taking the U-turn to the north.
| router is ignoring nodes tagged with {{tag|barrier|block}} and possibly
any {{tag|barrier}}
| router should consider that nodes tagged with {{tag|barrier}} as
{{tag|access|no}} by default.
|}

|- marks the start of a new row

| on it's own marks the start of a column

|} marks the end of the table

a link goes inside the [] brackets, if you want to make it a named link, you
put a space followed by a name after the url but within the brackets

so, to insert your own entry at the end of the table, you would insert 5
lines (in this case because of 4 columns) before '|}', on the first line you
would put only '|-', on the second line you would put '|' followed by a
space, then the URL in brackets with a space and 'new' after the url but
within the brackets, this fills the first column, which is 'Route', with a
link to the problem you are pointing out that just shows as 'new', the
second column is 'Description', so on the next line (3rd one) put '|'
followed by a space and your description of the problem... If you don't know
the cause or solution, the next two columns should be blank, so just put '|'
on each of the 4th and 5th lines... Once done you should have something
like...

|-
| [http://link-to-your-problem-route new]
| This is the description of your problem

Then you can hit preview and check to make sure it looks OK, and when happy,
hit save...

Hope that helps...