[Routing] Gosmore peed calculations

Nic Roets nroets at gmail.com
Mon Jan 26 17:20:38 GMT 2009

Hi Bob,

The speed parameters can be found in
http://trac.openstreetmap.org/browser/applications/rendering/gosmore/elemstyles.xml

Junction types (incl. traffic signals) are not taken into consideration by
the gosmore routing algorithm.

It may still be a number of months before I find time (and inspiration!) to
work on gosmore again. The issues that take priority are :
1. Reviewing and distributing David Dean's WinCE patches.
2. Improving the speed of yournavigation with better RAM usage. Many of the
weird routes will then disappear because gosmore will consider all
residential roads.
3. Better routing by considering e.g. maxspeed. Perhaps even junction types.

Regards,
Nic