[Routing] Version 0.2 of Open Source Routing Machine (OSRM) released

Dennis Luxen dennis.luxen at gmail.com
Thu Mar 24 15:54:18 GMT 2011

Hi Folks,

version 0.2 of the Open Source Routing Machine (OSRM) has just been
released. The major improvements since the first release are:

* Improved overall memory consumption by at least 25%
* Much faster I/O thanks to binary intermediate data files
* Start and target can be on arbitrary points of any street segment
* Support for PBF formatted and BZ2 compressed OSM files
* Support for HTTP 1.1 gzip/deflate compression
* Server can be bound to any IP/Port in the system
* many, many bug fixes and many under-the-hood improvements

You can grab the latest code from the website at  or give it a test
drive on the web [2] hosted by our friends at Geofabrik. There is a
wiki, forum and bug-tracker available at the project's website in case
you have any questions and/or bugs.

Thanks to the fine people who contributed to this release.

Best,
Dennis

[1] http://project-osrm.org/
[2] http://routingdemo.geofabrik.de/