[Routing] Version 0.2 of Open Source Routing Machine (OSRM) released

Dennis Luxen dennis.luxen at gmail.com
Thu Mar 24 16:24:34 GMT 2011

> Congratulations with this milestone Dennis!

Thanks, I appreciate that!

> I'm sure to give it a go but can you give some indication on how much
> ram and disk space is needed for a server with worldwide coverage? Or
> Eurasia (i.e. everything east of the Atlantic ocean)?

I don't have any number for Eurasia at hand, but maybe you can
extrapolate from the numbers for yesterdays Europe extract thats
available at Geofabriks download site. Preprocessing needs a little more
than 8GB of RAM and 20GB of disk space. Running the server takes less
than 4GB of free RAM.

HTH,
Dennis