[OSM-Science] Call for Papers - GeoCultGIS workshop at AGILE 2019

Yair Grinberger yair.grinberger at uni-heidelberg.de
Wed Mar 27 09:57:42 UTC 2019

Dear all,

As part of the 2019 AGILE conference in Limassol, Cyprus (17-20 June 2019), we are organizing the workshop 'GEOgraphical and CULTural aspects of Geo-information: Issues and Solutions' (GeoCultGis). This workshop is focussed on the effects of different geographical and cultural contexts on the production, usage, and analysis of geo-information, the challenges these present for research, and possible conceptual and methodological approaches for considering these.

We feel that OSM-related research is very relevant in this context and invite you to submit a short paper (up to 3000 words) via e-mail to novack at uni-heidelberg.de. The submission deadline is April 30th 2019. Authors are requested to follow the formatting guidelines for short papers on the AGILE 2019 call for papers page [1]. For more detail see the workshop's website [2].

As a follow-up to the workshop, we will be organizing a special issue of Transactions in GIS [3] based on the contributions to the workshop.

* Notice that all participants are required to register to the workshop via the AGILE 2019 registration system, see [4] *

Please feel free to further distribute this call.

The Organizing Committee

[1] https://agile-online.org/conference-2019/call-for-papers-2019
[2] http://www.cs.nuim.ie/~pmooney/GeoCultGIS/
[3] https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/journal/14679671
[4] https://agile-online.org/conference-2019/home-2019
--
Dr. A. Yair Grinberger
GIScience Research Group, Institute of Geography, Heidelberg University

Website: https://www.geog.uni-heidelberg.de/gis/grinberger.html
Phone: +49 6221 54-5525
Fax: +49 6221 54-4529