[OSM-Science] Extension of Special Issue on OSM and possibility to obtain a fee waiver for publication

Peter Mooney Peter.Mooney at mu.ie
Mon Aug 17 12:01:45 UTC 2020

Dear OSM Science Mailing List reader,

We hope this email finds you well, despite the difficult times we are all experiencing.

We are writing to inform you that we have postponed the deadline of the Special Issue "OpenStreetMap as a Multi-Disciplinary Nexus: Perspectives, Practices, and Procedures" in the ISPRS International Journal of Geo-Information (IJGI) to November 30, 2020 [1].

Additionally, we would like to inform you that there is the possibility to publish your paper in the Special Issue free of charge. We still have a number of fee waivers that we would like to offer to papers of high quality written by authors whose institutions do not cover open access publication fees.

If you are interested in benefiting from a fee waiver, please inform us as soon as possible and send us an extended abstract of (at least 1 page and at most 3 pages), from which the whole work (including methodology and results) is explained in a detailed and understandable way by September 15, 2020. We will then reply with our decision.

Please feel free to contact us for any further information and of course to distribute this information to interested researchers, OSM contributors and others in your networks.

Best regards,
Peter, on behalf of the Special Issue Guest Editors

[1] https://www.mdpi.com/journal/ijgi/special_issues/OpenStreetMap