[OSM-Science] Application for the Scientific Committee of SotM
sfkeller at gmail.com
Mon Mar 1 20:40:17 UTC 2021
Dear Marco, dear OSMF State of the Map Working Group
I would like to submit my application to join you on the scientific
committee of SotM 2021.
Pls. find below the requested information.
Best regards, Stefan
Name and Surname:
Full professor for Data Engineering & Geospatial Systems
Head of Institute for Software and of Geometa Lab
University of Applied Sciences of Eastern Switzerland (OST) Campus Rapperswil
Oberseestrasse 10, CH-8640 Rapperswil (Switzerland)
Academic experience, in particular on OpenStreetMap:
* Intrinsic quality of OpenStreetMap (coverage).
* Discoverability of OpenStreetMap (see e.g. my webapp
* Harnessing OpenStreetMap data (see e.g. my webapp
https://osmaxx.hsr.ch/ and https://geoconverter.hsr.ch/ ).
* "VIScon Digital", ETHZ, October 2020: "How to mine the planet":
* SotM 2020, online, Juli 2020: "Where can you dine like a king?
Synchronizing Local Datasets and OpenStreetMap using QGIS".
* DINacon 2020 virtal: "Public-OSM Partnership – OpenStreetMap-Daten
für Behörden" (POP Study).
* SoTM 2018, Milano (Italy), Juli 2018. "Areas-of-Interest for
OpenStreetMap with Big Spatial Data Analytics".
* SotM 2017, Aizu-Wakamatsu (JP). "Challenges in geonames and address
Editorial experiences (selection):
* Local organizer and part of program comittee of FOSSGIS 2021
online/Rapperswil (and of FOSSGIS 2013 Rapperswil).
* Program committee member academic track of "Swiss Conference on Data
Science" online. www.sds2021.ch
* Reviewer for AGIT Symposium & GI_Forum, Salzburg (A), since years. www.agit.at
* Organiser and reviewer of Swiss PG Day (CH), since years. www.pgday.ch
More information about the Science