[OSM-Science] Application for the Scientific Committee of SotM

Stefan Keller sfkeller at gmail.com
Mon Mar 1 20:40:17 UTC 2021

Dear Marco, dear OSMF State of the Map Working Group

I would like to submit my application to join you on the scientific
committee of SotM 2021.
Pls. find below the requested information.

Best regards, Stefan

Name and Surname:

Stefan Keller

Affiliation:

Full professor for Data Engineering & Geospatial Systems
Head of Institute for Software and of Geometa Lab
University of Applied Sciences of Eastern Switzerland (OST) Campus Rapperswil
Oberseestrasse 10, CH-8640 Rapperswil (Switzerland)
Web www.ifsoftware.ch

Academic experience, in particular on OpenStreetMap:

Interests:
* Intrinsic quality of OpenStreetMap (coverage).
* Discoverability of OpenStreetMap (see e.g. my webapp
https://tagfinder.herokuapp.com/ ).
* Harnessing OpenStreetMap data (see e.g. my webapp
https://osmaxx.hsr.ch/ and https://geoconverter.hsr.ch/ ).

Talks/Papers (selection):
* "VIScon Digital", ETHZ, October 2020: "How to mine the planet":
https://symposium.vis.ethz.ch/en/viscon2020/public/events/172
* SotM 2020, online, Juli 2020: "Where can you dine like a king?
Synchronizing Local Datasets and OpenStreetMap using QGIS".
https://2020.stateofthemap.org/sessions/AZPHEF/
* DINacon 2020 virtal: "Public-OSM Partnership – OpenStreetMap-Daten
für Behörden" (POP Study).
https://dinacon.ch/sessions/2020/public-osm-partnership-openstreetmap-daten-fuer-behoerden/
* SoTM 2018, Milano (Italy), Juli 2018. "Areas-of-Interest for
OpenStreetMap with Big Spatial Data Analytics".
https://2018.stateofthemap.org/
* SotM 2017, Aizu-Wakamatsu (JP). "Challenges in geonames and address
extraction". http://2017.stateofthemap.org/

Editorial experiences (selection):
* Local organizer and part of program comittee of FOSSGIS 2021
online/Rapperswil (and of FOSSGIS 2013 Rapperswil).
https://www.fossgis-konferenz.de/2021/
* Program committee member academic track of "Swiss Conference on Data
Science" online. www.sds2021.ch
* Reviewer for AGIT Symposium & GI_Forum, Salzburg (A), since years. www.agit.at
* Organiser and reviewer of Swiss PG Day (CH), since years. www.pgday.ch