[Strategic] User feedback or What does the community want / miss / annoy

Mikel Maron mikel_maron at yahoo.com
Fri May 27 14:06:32 BST 2011

From: Frederik Ramm <frederik at remote.org>

> Before that, it would be good to have a (attention marketing-speak) "mission
>statement" from which we could derive what kinds of people we want to please
>with our main page.

"The frontpage fails to communicate what the project does and why it   does it
effectively. The controls are confusing for new users (lots of   random tabs and
sidebar). In addition, it totally fails to connect new   users to others around
them and thus create a community."  -SteveC

This isn't exactly a mission statement, more of a problem statement ... but I
think this very succinctly defines where we want to go.

-Mikel