[Tagging] bicycle=no

Mike Harris mikh43 at googlemail.com
Thu Dec 3 08:50:00 GMT 2009

IMHO it would be more useful if bicycle=no meant 'no cycling' ... I think
there are quite a few situations where a cyclist could wheel (or carry) the
bike but not ride it. Without bicycle=no it would be difficult to know that
it was 'no cycling' but with 'bicycle=no' + 'foot=yes' it would be
reasonable to assume a default that the cyclist could wheel / carry the
bike.

I agree that horses are different - walking a horse is usually not allowed
where riding a horse is not allowed (for protection of the surface) and
carrying the horse is relatively uncommon, at least around here.

Mike Harris