[Tagging] Non-parking car lots

Simone Saviolo simone.saviolo at gmail.com
Thu Dec 3 10:36:40 GMT 2009

2009/12/3 Steve Bennett <stevagewp at gmail.com>

> On Thu, Dec 3, 2009 at 8:17 PM, Simone Saviolo <simone.saviolo at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Wouldn't those be simply commercial or industrial areas? I think there's
> no
> > need to record what kind of product is stocked there, and cars (in that
> > case) are just another kind of product.
>
> Is there a tag for a storage area then? I agree that the type of
> product is not necessarily needed, but the general concept for an area
> of storage would be useful. Whether it's cars, containers, maybe
> including gravel, coal etc...
>
> Steve

This is the only thing I could find on the wiki:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/CanVec:_Industrial_and_commercial_areas_(IC)

According to that, a specific tag is used for car wreckers, but there's
nothing about the lots you talk about. Probably someone knows more than I do
and will be more helpful.

Simone