[Tagging] bicycle=no

Arlindo Pereira nighto at nighto.net
Thu Dec 3 15:56:13 GMT 2009

Ok, but backing to the first point. It is clear that in most, if not all
places bycicle=no means that you cannot ride, but you can push unmounted.
How about places that you cannot have a bike at all (such as inside of a
shopping mall for instance)?

Cheers

2009/12/3 Pieren <pieren3 at gmail.com>

> On Thu, Dec 3, 2009 at 3:00 PM, James Livingston <doctau at mac.com> wrote:
> >> So there is a distinction, but it can probably be achieved by using
> bicycle=no for situations where riding is not allowed, and
> access=private+foot=permissive for situations where bicycles aren't allowed.
> >
> > That sounds reasonable to me. If everyone like that, is it worth putting
> on the 'access' wiki page as an example for how to tag something not
> completely obvious?
> >

> I don't understand what access=private is doing here. "private" is
> about the owner and the public access or not, it has nothing to do
> with pedestrians or bikers.
> Definition on the wiki:
> access=private The owner may give permission on an individual basis.
>
> Pieren

Arlindo Saraiva Pereira Jr.

Bacharelando em Sistemas de Informação - UNIRIO - uniriotec.br
Consultor de Software Livre da Uniriotec Consultoria - uniriotec.com

Acadêmico: arlindo.pereira at uniriotec.br
Profissional: arlindo.pereira at uniriotec.com
Geral: contato at arlindopereira.com
Tel.: +5521 92504072