[Tagging] Non-parking car lots

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Thu Dec 3 17:05:03 GMT 2009

2009/12/3 Simone Saviolo <simone.saviolo at gmail.com>

> Wouldn't those be simply commercial or industrial areas? I think there's no
> need to record what kind of product is stocked there, and cars (in that
> case) are just another kind of product.

Yes, they would be an industrial area (not commercial), but that's for the
whole area. Inside we will map streets, buildings, trees, parkings, benches,
shops, firefighters, telephones, waetr basins, power stations, ...

have a look here for the example of some mayor car producer in Germany:
http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=48.69807&lon=8.99086&zoom=16&layers=B000FTF
(btw: the internal parkings for produced cars are not yet mapped, as I see,
they would be in the south-eastern corner, the small parallel buildings you
see are actually roofs at the stock-parking).

another big one is here:
http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=52.43946&lon=10.76541&zoom=15&layers=B000FTF
I don't know it personally but it seems that here they are mapped (note the
adjacent railway-station):
http://maps.google.it/maps?hl=de&source=hp&q=vw&ie=UTF8&radius=0.41&sll=52.439636,10.768533&sspn=0.009248,0.01929&rq=1&ev=zi&hq=vw&hnear=&ll=52.44063,10.76731&spn=0.009248,0.01929&t=k&z=16

cheers,
Martin