[Tagging] bicycle=no

Roy Wallace waldo000000 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 6 08:21:47 GMT 2009

On Sun, Dec 6, 2009 at 5:31 PM, James Livingston <doctau at mac.com> wrote:

>> erm, wouldn't horse=prohibited be closer to current usage, eg horse=no.... ?
>
> If horse=*, bicycle*, motorcar=* are for tagging the restrictions on using them as a vehicle, then I'd say not. prohibited=* would also let you tag other items that are not allowed, such as explosives, dogs, or whatever else.
>
> What I'm thinking about is that activities should be tagged as *=no, so not being allowed to ride a bicycle -> bicycle=no, but certain items being prohibited in an area could be prohibited=*

Ok, so horse=no currently refers to "using a horse as a vehicle"? Does
it not also imply that the possession/leading of a horse is
prohibited?

Another problem with prohibited=* alongside *=no is that the
horse/bicycle/motorcar sometimes appears in the *key*, and sometimes
in the *value*. A bit inconsistent and confusing. But I don't have a
solution...