[Tagging] More cycleway=* values needed

Richard Mann richard.mann.westoxford at googlemail.com
Sun Dec 6 13:01:00 GMT 2009

In the UK the distinction between lane and track is essentially that tracks
are not part of the road, so you are allowed to travel in the "wrong"
direction, albeit that there's a bit of an accident problem when crossing
side roads :(
So I think of the Danish lanes/tracks as a kerb-separated lane, which would
probably logically lead to a tagging structure like:
cycleway=lane+segregated=yes|kerb

But in the end, clarity is all that is required, so cycleway=kerb probably
does the job.

I would go for "kerb" rather than "curb", though. "Curb" is more of a
general word for restrictions.

Richard